iMazing - Changelog
Handling your incoming eMails with just a swipe gesture
iMazing Changelog Details
2012/11/27 - release of iMazing v220.127.116.11 (OS5.x+)
Quick OTA-Update Links
- Custom "Encoder settings" for SMS messages.
If you have issues with the display of invalid characters in your SMS-Messages, then now you can change
the so called character encoding
for SMS Messages in
the iMazing Options.
You can select between US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16BE and the newly implemented GSM03.38 encoding
In previous builds iMazing simply used the UTF-8 encoding (as documented in all example Code-Sniplets
provide by RIM) but this seams to be not the best way to read the SMS-Data. The new default in iMazing
is the 'GSM03.38' Encoder.
If this is still not working you can also specify a custom encoding (if your device/OS is supporting it).
2012/10/18 - release of iMazing v18.104.22.168 (OS5.x+)
At the 20. Oct. 2012 the initial iMazing build will expire (has expired). Simply update
to the new build in order to be able to continue to use iMazing as normal.
I am very sorry for this short notice - and the implied inconvenience - but this fixed expire
date has slipped though my fingers when I was changing the code from beta phase to the release build.
I hope you all will get the update notification in AppWorld in time - Special Thanks to R.Hearty and
J.McNaught from RIM.
- Tiny changes in the GUI - like the About Dialog
- Include more information in the System Event Log when a message content could not be previewed. To
access the log from the device home screen press and hold ALT and type 'LGLG'.
2012/06/04 - release of iMazing v22.214.171.124 (OS5.x+)
SMS Bugfix / Reply All as configurable action
- New customizable action: Reply All
Just to make the list of available options complete the 'Reply All' function has been added. Please note that this action is (of course) only
available for eMail messages and it's (obviously) not available for SMS.
- Reappearing SMS bug fix
In certain conditions it could had happen that a SMS that was previously already marked as read (and was removed from the popup list) would
reappear in the dialog (when a new message arrive). In the new build v126.96.36.199 this should not happen anymore.
2012/05/07 - release of iMazing v188.8.131.52 (OS5.x+)
iMazing for everyone!
- The new release of iMazing is finally supporting none touch screen BlackBerry Devices! This
makes iMazing available to all 88xx, Bold, Curve and Pearl owners running OS5 (or higher) as well.
Instead of swiping left or right on the touch screen you can use the trackpad movement to show
the left or the right button. Also 'double tab' the trackpad is possible with the new iMazing
version. This will give you the full control over your eMails (& SMS) with just your thumb!
In the message preview screen you can make use of the following keyboard shortcuts:
(Please note: touch screen owners need to enable the trackpad support in
the options to be able to use of the keyboard shortcuts in the message preview screen)
- [DEL]/[BACKSPACE]: Delete
- [SPACE]: Mark As Read
- [R]: Reply
- [A]: Reply To All
- [F]: Forward Message
- [S]: Save Message
Touch screen device owners (who have also a keyboard/trackpad) can enable the additional trackpad
support via the Options (OFF by default).
- The new version of iMazing will automatically concatenating multiple SMS messages coming from the
When you receive SMS that are longer then 160 characters, iMazing will automatically join these
multiple messages to a single 'iMazing SMS message'. When an additional SMS will be received in less
then 45sec after previously another SMS have been received from the same sender, then iMazing assumes
that these SMS messages should be joined into a single message.
When you are already previewing the initial SMS the content will be instantly appended in the
moment the next SMS is arriving.
- Various improvements to solve issues when device will be unlocked (and encryption is enabled)
2012/04/23 - release of iMazing v184.108.40.206 (OS5.x+)
SMS support (limited) / Label Colors
Quick OTA-Update Links
- Added additional customizable actions for swipe left, swipe right and double tap:
- SMS-Support (OFF by default - need to be enabled in the Options)
Unfortunately cause of API-limitations there is no support for some core functionality of iMazing for SMS Messages - for
example DELETE, 'MARK as SAVE' or 'MARK AS READ' can't be supported cause of the restrictions of the
APIs available to 3'rd party developers.
So please don't expect too much from the SMS-Integration of iMazing there are not much available options and functions.
- Configure for each of your eMail accounts an additional color code that will be displayed in front of the message
in the popup list - you can select from ten different color squares: none, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, White,
Aqua, Violet or Pink
- Added new Option 'No Popup in Clock/Bedside Mode'
Enabling this option will disable the iMazing popup while the clock is active. Use this option when you do not like
to see any incoming messages while in bedside mode.
- Added new Option 'Turn LED off on Close'
Select if iMazing should automatically turn off the LED when the popup list window will be closed.
- Switched default actions for Swipe-Right and Double-tap (just effecting new users)
- 'Enable Backlight on new eMail' should not unlock your device any longer.
2012/04/13 - release of iMazing v220.127.116.11 (OS5.x+)
Now support Double Tap | Customize your Actions
- Option to set the maximal amount of eMail messages that will be populated to the popup list (default value is 25)
When you are a heavy user that received 50+ eMails every hour then iMazing could had become a bit sluggish - you
will see at the bottom of the dialog the number of eMails that are currently not included in the list.
Please note: As soon as one item will be removed from the list it auto add eMail messages that previously was not
included in the list. I am quite sure you will instantly pick it up how it works.
Available options are: 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100
- Added "double tab" action - default: Mark eMail as saved (working in list and preview)
- Now customizable actions:
- Option to turn Blacklight On on new eMail (default OFF)
- In-App purchase Buttons (for premium version) also added to the options dialog - sorry for making it so hard to get your full version right away
- Disabled 'Open popup on new eMails' was ignored when device was unlocked (popup was still displayed)
- Enabled 'Open popup only while on Homescreen' could caused an empty (small dot) popup
- Addressed additional performance issues
2012/04/10 - initial release of iMazing v18.104.22.168 (OS5.x+)
© 2010 emacberry.com